Thursday, April 8, 2010

When I go back...where will it be?

Everyone seems to have some idea as to where they may end up....after the big "D" happens; will it be something like Holodeck scenes from Star Trek, where people get to go where they imagine? Do we create our own imaginary world to be an archetypical heaven? And if I am with others, do they see things the same way or the way they want to? And who performs the life review that will tell me just how often (and how far) I fell from grace? And...what if I don't agree with my review, do I have a right to protest?? Oh the questions upon questions!

In my ideal universe this will happen:
1.) How death occurs doesn't matter-it will go by quickly(and couldn't be as bad as childbirth-hey, I got over that!).
2.) A kind, wise Yoda type or even Obiwan would be a wonderful life reviewer. Spare me a sarcastic type, like Jimmie Kimmel or Dick Cheney.
3.) All feelings of guilt(that hallway closet didn't get cleaned before I departed!) and shame(why didn't they pick me for Red Rover..until last) and sorrow(did the kids learn enough from me that they will be ok), will fade and disappear.
4.) The Library of all Knowledge will be open all the time, and my card is good forever.
5.) Ben Franklin will invite me in for coffee; and we will talk for hours about all the people he knew and the places he visited.
6.) If I get tired, my energy stream will go staight-away and renew on the planets and moons of my original home.
7.) God sends me a "Get out of jail free" card. This will put and end to this merry-go-round of life on earth.
8.) There will be a really long siesta by the Hay Pile that Van Gogh painted.
9.) I will do all I can to sneak a peek at God, Jesus or even some of the angels.
10.) I am at peace.

Not much to ask for the afterlife, wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment